Why Is Buhari So Desperate To Start A War or Foist A State of Emergency On The South-East?

 I was a child of 5 or so when Muhammadu Buhari first held sway as the Head of State. As young as I was, I knew that things weren't normal. I knew my first bite of hunger during the Buhari Military Admin. Then, I heard adults saying 'austerity measure' again and again. I knew there was some kind of connection between the hunger that I was experiencing, the austerity measure of a thing, and someone called Buhari. But then, that's about the only thing I could understand.

I really came to understand a bit of who's the real Buhari in this his second coming. I tell you, I never really believed in the existence of the Devil until this so-called Buhari 'Civilian' Government came on board. I could never have been able to imagine such a level of cruelty. Why is this man so bereft of every humanity? From the very first day of this administration, it was clear he was consciously out to create serious problems that border on war.

The way Buhari has consistently supported his killer kinsmen and the so-called 'repentant' Boko Haram members since the beginning of this administration and the clearly contrasting approach he has shown towards non-violent groups in the South, shows clearly that he was out to create unnecessary but very serious problems in the polity. But, if any one was still in doubt about this, the calculated assassination of Ahmed Gulak further proves it.

As poorly thought-out as their script is, it's clear to the discerning mind that the former aide to ex-President Jonathan was killed in Imo State by APC elements in order to create a furore between the North and South-East. After all, is Gulak a member of the Government that ESN is fighting? So, why should ESN kill him? And, fancy how hastily the Nigerian intelligence community declared ESN as the culprit. How did ESN know that Gulak was in Imo? Was he even dressed like a Northerner to warrant a possible case of an extremist Igbo going after him?

Only a fool wouldn't know that the Buhari camp killed the man at the time they have heated the polity to a very volatile degree. The Massacre in Ebonyi State on the Biafran Remembrance Day is also a part of it. Fancy also, how the Presidency rushed to bemoan the killing of Ahmed Gulak and insinuate that he was killed by tribal interests but was totally silent on the Massacre in Ebonyi State as elsewhere and always.

My question now is: Why is Buhari so obviously bent on starting a major conflagration in a democratic country over which he presides? The only answer I can find is in the totally outlandish claim I have heard many Northerners make over and over again: That ex-President Jonathan created or politicized Boko Haram in order to destroy the North. Therefore, Buhari is here for a revenge.

Among many strong reasons why Nigeria's unity needs to be reconsidered is this: the way the average Northerner understands things is radically different from the way his/her Southern counterpart does. That's why someone may seem sincere in holding that Ex-President Jonathan could have purposely wanted to destroy the North which, to me as to about any Southerner and Middle Beltee, is absolutely unthinkable. Nawa! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY EXPERIENCE AT THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY TODAY

Celebrating TB Joshua And Prophesying On His Behalf